Sunday, September 10, 2006

I want to go back...

Yesterday I had the privilege to spend the afternoon back in Chapel Hill to watch some Carolina football. Thanks to Daddy dearest, Jeremy and I have the honor to attend all the home football games (Except for J didn't go yesterday but that's a different story).

Ok I digressed, anywho...yesterday when we drove into town I realized how much the place has changed in 2 years. First there were like 5 additional dorms down on south campus making the skyline look completely different. Walking around inside the stadium, I soon realized that I didn't recognize the faces around me. Am I really that far removed?

As I sat watching the game and observing the students, I thought about my years at Carolina and how I missed them so much. It's amazing how fast those 4 years went and now how much I really wish I could go back. I know I could go back and do graduate work but it would not be the same. The people would be different, heck I'm different. It's amazing to see how much I've changed since I left there. I'm now in mid 20s, married, and a teacher. Most of my friends are pregnant these days or thinking about it. Some days I feel so old..and I'm only 24. Where the heck is the time going?

My day in CH this weekend really helped me to see that I need to slow down and enjoy the stage I'm in. I'm always so ready to move on but I need to enjoy where the Lord has me now. But still.....I don't want to grow up...

1 comment:

007 said...

You and Peter Pan have that in common. Refuse to grow up!