Saturday, October 14, 2006

Evidence of the Lord's hand

God is GOOD! Over the last week, I had the privilege to hang out with some of my oldest and dearest friends. Each of them is dealing with different issues but with all of them I could see evidence of how the Lord is using them and stretching them. Right now when my life feels sort mediocre, its awesome to see big ways that the Lord is working. Two of my friends are pregnant and it was really cool to see how the Lord is using their experience to bring them to a greater knowledge of His love, grace, and mercy. I was so encouraged by them and I hope if they are reading this that they know how much they have blessed my life with their stories. I'm praying for both of you.

Their visits have also helped me to examine what the Lord has done in my life. One of my dates was with a friend that I've had since middle school. Our time together showed me how much I have changed and how much my knowledge and love of the Lord as increased in the last 10 years. I am amazed by how much the two of us have grown and how we continue to be friends after all this time. I praise the Lord for lasting friendships built on Him!

Col. 2:2, "that their hearts may be encouraged, being knit together in love, to reach all the riches of full assurance of understanding and the knowledge of God's mystery, which is Christ"

1 comment:

007 said...

Sounds like you are very good encourager as well as a prayer warrior!