Sunday, December 10, 2006

Surprise weddings and unusual gifts

This weekend was one of surprises. Have you ever showed up to a party and someone was like "Surprise! We're getting married in about an hour!" Yeah I never had until this weekend. Tudor is quite the sneak and invited us over for a "Christmas party". As we arrived, we noticed that she was in a white dress and there was a lot of older people there but I never really thought to question the party. As Toot and I were talking, I asked her when the big wedding was and she was like, "Um...today!" I was like what!!! She said yeah in about 30 mins. I was utterly shocked to say the least! I felt so bad because I was getting ready to tell her we had to leave because we had to go to family function. So feeling incredibly akward, we tried to gracefully bow out before the ceremony started so that we would not be a distraction later. I felt so bad for missing the real meaning of the party and not being able to stay. So Toot, if you read this, I'm extremely sorry we missed your big event but we excited for you! Congrats!

And the surprises keep coming......so tonight we go to our Young Married Christmas party and as always play the Yankee Swap/White Elephant/Dirty Santa game where you bring a present and get a number and take your turn drawing a present. Well if you know my husband, he likes to play jokes and laugh so he decide we would bring an adult set of footie pajamas that glows in the dark. I mean these pjs were great when you were 2 but eventually grow out of them but not now! Thanks to Target you too can have a pair. Well they were hit of course and they were stolen and tried on many times. See the pictures below of Derek and Dustin trying them on.
Well the big surprise came when the Alipours came in with a gift that had to be refrigerated. We were like, "Yay a cake or maybe ice cream". So Spence being the bold one he decided to open the present. As he slowly opened the gift, the look on his face was priceless (after he realized exactly what it was.) To his surprise, it was a real live lobster with a leash!! Yes the Alipours brought a live lobster! It was awesome. See the picture! Needless to say it was a fun exchange and we ended up with awesome placemats and dipping bowls from Thailand. I was pumped!


It's now time for bed to rest up for another week of school. For those who are keeping track: 9 days of school until break and 7 more lunch bags to sew. :)

No comments: