Monday, May 28, 2007

A little of everything..

I haven't really updated with anything substantial lately so I thought I'd update you on what's going on in our lives...

First, Jeremy has survived his 2nd year of seminary. He finished up last week and is enjoying having some extra time and reading for pleasure. I'm enjoying actually seeing him since he's not locked up upstairs hunched over his books.

I have 8 more days of school! This long weekend has been a tease as the weather has been beautiful and hot. I am digging deep for the motivation to go back tomorrow. Oh and Jerm and I also have chest congestion so we're not our complete normal selves.

I have now secured a summer job as a nanny/chauffeur. For 4 weeks this summer, I will be driving/supervising an 11 and 8 year old as they take swim lessons, tennis lessons, and play this summer. I am excited about the change of pace and what seems to be an easy way to make some extra cash. The idea of hanging out by the pool all summer really excites me!

(I can't remember if I told ya'll this, so bear with me if I have) June 15th I'm having arthroscopic surgery on my knee to see if we can find out the problem. Pray that the surgery will prove fruitful!

My mom, my mom-in-law, and I went to see Beth Moore this weekend in Boone. She was amazing speaker and teacher of the word. She spoke on Deut. 33 and the blessing of Asher. If you want to know more, send me a message and I'll elaborate some more.

On a more personal note, I have baby fever! As much as I love my friends' babies and enjoy hanging out with them, I want my own, one that looks like Jeremy and I. Jeremy continues to tell me to wait and that's it's not the right time but he doesn't help the matter when he looks so stinkin' adorable holding all the babies.

So I think that's it...sorry it's not too exciting. My friend Jaime is a picture taking fool and is documenting her family's life through online scrapbook/blog. She really inspires me to take more pictures, so hopefully more pictures will come soon to my own blog. Have a great week!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

I am so jealous of your trip to see Beth Moore. I love her! She is so amazing. A group of us girls is doing her study, DANIEL, and loving it. I would love to hear her speak. Tell me more about what she said.

007 said...

We will keep your upcoming knee surgery in our prayers. Hey, do you get to go swimming with the kids you drive? That would be a real recreation-type job, kinda sorta like CWR!!

The Browns said...

Oh, you are so sweet to call me a picture taking fool! Hey,are you leaving anonymous comments on my blog without signing them? I don't really care if you are, it's just bugging me to find out who it is. Someone is, and it kinda sounded like you. Tell the hero I say hello, and let's hang out again soon so I can take some more pictures of you looking like a giant!

Krista said...

I would love to hear more about what Beth Moore said! Send me anything you can. (Just found your blog and I'm so excited to keep up with you guys!!) Tell Jeremy, there's nothing better than being a parent and having your own little one (Josh will vouch if he's not sure if guys feel the same way). Love you!