This is the Polar Care 300 which has been my friend over the last week and half. This lovely appartus has kept my knee nice and cool without the messiness of leaky bags. Well today we finally got around to checking our snail mail, which had our wonderful bill from the hospital in it. It is amazing the amount of medicine and materials that go into having knee surgery. As we were going through the itemized bill we found the expense for this lovely "cooling system" that encompasses my leg and can you guess how much it cost? Ok look at it closely...its really a little Igloo cooler (not even big enough to hold a six pack of sodas), some tubing and a knee pad. Not really complicated from our standpoint but the company must think so because it cost a WHOOPING $435!!! We were shocked!! Luckily as of right now, the hospital and I expect the insurance to cover it all and we do not owe any money. But if I comes back to us having to pay, this is the first thing I'm going to ask if I can give back! :) Stay tuned tomorrow for the doctor's update!
No comments:
Post a Comment