Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Insurance and Injuries Suck!

Sorry for the bold statement but they do! Who knew that this knee surgery would turn into such a financial mess. Today marks 2 months since my surgery and boy do the bills keep showing up. I don't mean to complain I just want to know where it all keeps coming from. I feel like my credit card is getting more of a workout than my knee. Speaking of which, PT has been going well and last week may be my last week. Praise the Lord for that! I can start using the $40 copay per visit towards the other bills now.

Today while at the orthopedist the receptionist was like you have a $421 payment today. I looked at her in a state of confusion and asked her why and evidentally it was a coinsurance bill. I thought I was paying my coinsurance payment to the hospital... where did this come from? Insurance is so confusing and I feel like I'm getting played somewhere in the process. I've called the orthopedist office back and hopefully they can give me some more explanation..I'm just waiting for them to call me back. SO bottom line....don't get injured..and insurance sucks!

In other news, teacher workdays start Friday. Our new school building is not finished and we will spend the first 3 workdays at the high school. We hope to get in on Wednesday which is also meet your teacher day. I can already anticipate the chaos that is to come and I'm not excited. I don't feel prepared for the year at all. Summer as flown by with all the knee drama and babysitting that I don't feel like I've spent anytime focusing on the new year. Usually summer is a good time for me to reflect on the last year and make improvements. I do some research, some reading, and overall planning. This summer I haven't really done any and I have this feeling of panic. The next week or so is going t be crazy with trying to move in and getting acclamated to a building that I'm afraid the first day of school is going to creep up on me without me being prepared. Please pray for me that I would rest in the Lord and the talents that He has given me. We are also short staffed as more and more kids enroll and more classes have to be created. Pray that our principal would be able to find highly-qualified teachers this late in the game and that they would be there in time for the kids.

Thanks gang! I really do appreciate you listening to my rants and raves all the time. :)

No comments: