Owen has slept through the night for the last 4 nights!! We are way excited! Now if I could just go back to sleeping through the night. :)
His hair is also playing the part of a rockstar... the mohawk is increasing in length every day. It now is so long that it curls under. 

A question for all you moms out there. I need some advice. Owen has been having these weird episodes where all of a sudden his whole body will tense up, sending all of his extremities straight out and his face turns red. This lasts for about 5 seconds and then he loosens up and screams hysterically. It then takes a few minutes to calm him down. The first 2 times he did it, it was after we were coming down the stairs. We thought he just didn't like to face downward as we went down. The last 2 times he has been doing something very normal like laying on his play mat. I don't really know what to make of this. Anybody have any ideas? Should I make an appointment with the pediatrician?
5 comments:
I'd say it never hurts to make an appt with your pediatrician. Especially if your nervous and is has been reoccuring. You could at least call the nurse and explain what is happening and see what she says to do. I'll be praying...keep us updated.
I second what Lauren said. Also, I meant to ask you this last night but do you think that it has to do with his reflux? BTW, I love his hair. Could Phoebe have some of that hair?
Brooklyn would get really bad gas pains and immediately tense up all her extremities and start to wail. We gave her Mylicon regularly and that solved the problem. Talk to your doctor and see if that could possibly be it.
The same thing was happening w/ Addison except she would scream for hours! I took her to the peds and they put her on meds for reflux. Even though she doesn't spit up a lot they said her stomach acid could be burning her esophagus (spelling?) I'd take him to the doctor's. Let me know what happens and Merry Christmas :)
I have to second Jaclyn, sometimes it precedes a poop or gas bubble, hopefully you checked it out and it was nothing. Hope your Christmas was wonderful!!!
Post a Comment