He weighed 26 lbs. (33%) and was 31 in long (55%). He evidently has a big head as he is in the 95%. He got 1 shot, which is the last one he needs until he's four.
Though the doctor doesn't really seem worried about his development I have been. While he is walking now, he still behind in his speech and a few motor skills (like stacking blocks). A couple of weeks ago, after getting advice from a few trusted friends and family, I contacted the Child Development Agency about my concerns. I talked to their awesome director and she thought an evaluation may be necessary. She assigned us a service coordinator, who visited us this past Tuesday. The coordinator asked every thing about Owen, from his birth story to all of his routines. She took down all this information and then presented it yesterday to a team of evaluators. They have set up a hearing test on the 20th and an in-home evaluation for the 27th.
Even if nothing is wrong, I'll be glad to have a professional's advice. The evaluation is free so it doesn't hurt to have it done. I look forward to getting the results!

3 comments:
both of mine were behind in speech. We did put Patricia in speech when she was about 2 and it helped some, but really she talked when she was ready! She will have to some speech when she starts school in the fall but she will be alright! Jonathan is 2 1/2 and still not talking real well. Going through it with Patricia was tough because I felt like she was always behind all the other kids, but she caught up just fine and is a very smart little girl! So I'm not as worried about it now with Jonathan. They have those guidelines but all kids develop in their own way so don't worry about it too much!
Angela
Praying that all will go well with you all!
Hungry to eat His Word,
'Guerite ~ BoldLion
You are doing everything right Shannon. You are a great mom.
Post a Comment