Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Best Christmas Present Ever

Up until now, I would probably say that the best Christmas present I ever got was a sewing machine. Or maybe a swing set. :) This year, I think that will change... this year I'm getting a new baby! That's right.. Owen is going to be a big brother! :)

We had our first doctor's appointment today and Dr. Fisher said everything looks great. She did an ultrasound and found a tiny beating heart. The picture is a horrible quality but you can see the tiny little lima bean.
Here's some answers I have been asked so far..
  1. What is your due date? She estimated my due date as Dec. 20th.
  2. Were you trying to have another baby? We weren't trying but we weren't always preventing it really either. I probably wouldn't have planned a baby to be born in Dec if I had my way. As being a Dec. baby myself, I hated having all my holidays in one month. Because this one's birthday will be so close, I want to make sure that I make this little one's birthday special.
  3. How far apart will the kids be apart? 2 years and 3 months.
  4. Are you going to find out the gender. If so, when do you find out the gender? Yes, we are going to find out. It will probably be around July.
  5. How are you feeling? I'm feeling ok. I have had some nausea and been really tired. I feel like I've been really lucky.
  6. Are your families excited? Yes they are. Jeremy's family is growing leap and bounds this year. There will be 3 new grandkids! My family is excited as well...everyone is hoping for a little girl this time.
  7. Do you want a girl this time? Yes, I would love a girl, but I will be happy with a boy too. :)
We are excited about this new little one and can't wait to be a family of 4! Please pray with us for a healthy pregnancy and a baby.

2 comments:

Mar Biggs said...

congratulations!!!!!!

the Orrs said...

Congrats, Shannon! That is super exciting!