This is overwhelming to say the least. I really want to know what is wrong but sedation and an overnight stay in the hospital with a 7 week old is a lot. I think really the hardest part was thinking about the cost of all this. I know that sounds ridiculous when it comes to the health of my child, but we are already swamped with medical bills from his birth. Now we're about to add more to it, especially if this MRI finds something. I'm questioning as to whether I need to go back to work so that we can afford to pay all our bills.
On top of all this, he is extremely fussy all the time...we think reflux and/or colic. He's now on his 2nd medicine but we aren't seeing much of a difference. I've been asked if I think his arm is giving him pain and we don't think so because he doesn't react when we move it. A sweet mom here from my mom's group called me today to offer her help. Her son was just like Owen and she found out it was a problem with her milk production. Her theory about my milk supply and making sure he's getting the hindmilk made so much sense. Based upon her recommendation (and her doctor's), we are trying a new nursing strategy. I'll let you know if we are successful.
If you don't mind, please pray for us...
- that the doctors would be able to figure out what is wrong with Oliver's arm.
- that the Lord would provide the money for all of our bills whether it be a job for me or whatever.
- for our sanity in dealing with a fussy child and his older brother who also wants our attention.
- for Owen who woke up with a fever this morning.
2 comments:
Oh Shannon.. How stressful! I will definitely be praying for Oliver and all of you. God is greater than any trial we can face on this Earth and we can have victory over ANYTHING through Christ!
Shannon - I'm so sorry to hear you guys are struggling so much right now. I can't imagine how overwhelmed you feel with all the medical issues and bills, but know that we'll be praying the Lord provides ABUNDANTLY for you guys - both health and resources.
Post a Comment