Monday, July 04, 2011

4th of July



Jeremy and I both love having people over to our house, whether for a meal, a playdate, to watch a game, etc. For the last year, we lived in small townhouse and we had very little room to entertain. I HATED IT! But now that we have a huge living room and a great screened-in porch, we couldn't wait to have people over.

On July 3rd, just two weeks after being in our new place, we decided to have a 4th of July cookout. We invited our small group, some other friends and family over to cookout. I think in the end we had a total of 18 people over and it was so much fun. The kids had a blast playing in the sandtable, the blowup pools, the playroom, the sunporch...everywhere. Jeremy grilled an awesome Boston butt and we had barbecue, sides, and homemade ice cream a
nd brownies. Though it was hot, the fellowship was awesome and we had a successful first cookout. Thanks to Caron for catching these great shots of the kids while I was busy getting dinner ready.

Matthew provided us with some music.
Owen LOVES Katie and talks about her all the time. I'm not sure the feeling is always mutual.
Nori and Matthew trying to figure out the bubble gun
John teaching Banner how to play frisbee

Dinner was yummy...Owen and Caroline at the kiddie table

On July 4th, we had a great family day! Jeremy grilled sausage and biscuits on the grill and we played around the house, while Oliver napped. After he woke up, we all went to the Y for a little pool fun and lunch.

Owen loves the pool at the Y...it's a wading pool so he can walk around in it by himself.
The middle of the pool is filled with sprayers and slides.

Oliver wants to jump in so badly. Poor thing, I made him wear this big ole hat.
We grilled out again for dinner and praised God for allowing us to live in a country where we are free to worship as we please. We are so blessed to live in this country and afforded many freedoms that we often take for granted.

We hope you had a great 4th!

No comments: