Sunday, June 03, 2012

Belated Mother's Day

Mother's Day presents had to be postponed this year because of the layoff. This past Thursday though Jeremy truly outdid himself.

When we got home from the Y, there was a green gift bag on the table.  Inside were the following items.
The story behind the can opener... I hated our current can opener! It was an electric one, that looked like a manual hand crank, that for the life of me I could never get back on the charger right.  Every time I went to use it, it would be dead.  I would yell at it every time and Jeremy would laugh at me, not understanding why it was so difficult for me to do.  

So in the bag was a new can opener and this can.  I used the opener to open the can, which contained a sweet sweet letter.  The letter directed me to a big brown package on the back porch.  I unwrapped to reveal...

A Silhouette Cameo!! For you non-crafty people, this is A-MA-ZING tool! It is an electronic cutting tool that cuts paper, vinyl, fabric, and more. It uses a tiny blade to cut out intricate details.  It seriously has so many uses that I'm giddy about playing with it.  I have wanted one for almost a year now and was so surprised when I opened the box. Seriously this is way more extravagant of a gift than we do for these kind of holidays. I'm so excited! Who wants to come over for a craft night now? :)

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

So jealous!!!! Show us what you make! I'm trying to decide if its worth the money but I'm sure it is!!!