because I'm done! (ok that was cheesy but I had to do it!) I think this school year has been one of the hardest of my life but now it's over and I'm extremely thankful that I get several weeks off. Tomorrow I'll pack up the last of my classroom and load it up in my dad's truck and take it over to my new school. It's so bittersweet but I'm excited for the change.
Today I once again changed roles in the children's department at church. This is the 3rd position I've had in the last year. I've moved from the 2 year old teacher to the third grade and now to the babies. I love the babies and I think it is only increasing the baby itch that has started inside of me. Jeremy still says it's not the right time and I know deep down he's right but still I have the desire.
Also today I went to Ro Rap to help my grandmother celebrate her 72nd birthday. As always, the whole extended family was there and the talk turned to religion. Being the only Baptist in the group, I am constantly patronized and questioned for my beliefs. I hate being but on the spot and I always seem to stumble over my words and look like a dork. I'm going to take it as a challenge this summer to really study up on my doctrines.
Another exciting tidbit of info...I've raised $1700 of my $2200 for my S. Africa trip so far! The Lord has really blessed me and I can see His hand at work. I'm so excited about this trip!!!!
FYI, its thunderstorming really bad outside and I really hate thunderstorms. I think living in NC my whole life in hurricane country has made me scared of natural disasters. I know I'm a big baby but I've seen the repercutions (sp?) of storms from hurricanes to tornandos that I'm fearfully. Now that you know a little inside tibit of me I'm going to sign off. Until next time...
1 comment:
Just wanted to say that we are ALL going to miss you!!!!! I wasn't there for very long, but in those short months I belive a gained a GREAT friend and a wonderful "coworker" for life!!! Have fun and remember that GOd will always take care of you!!
Post a Comment