Monday, January 22, 2007

A Wedding Reception in My Kitchen

Yep, I had a wedding reception in my kitchen....ok so it wasn't a "real" wedding reception but it looked like it. Last night was the kickoff for our new semester of small group, and this semester we are going to be reading 2 books that focus on our relationship with our significant other. To kick it off we decided to have a mock wedding reception to get people in the mood. We had cheesy decorations, lots of fun finger food, wedding pictures, and the best of all...a wedding cake. Now Spence and Jeremy asked Courtney and I to construct this cake and while both of us have been to numerous weddings neither one of us as actually constructed the cake. So Sat. afternoon Court and I set out to make this cake and let me tell you it is no easy task. Because chocolate cake is her fav, Court chose it and white icing to be the staples of our cake. Here is a picture of our attempts. Notice the beautiful topping...the ring of red roses and the bride and groom....Shrek and Fiona...all from the dollar store. Ok so it's not beautiful but we had so much fun trying to make it. So if you're planning on getting married...call Court and I and we might be able to rent out our services.



1 comment:

Lisa said...

That looks really fun:) I like the cake!