Then on the 4th we went furniture shopping! When J and I got married we were blessed to be given furniture to help fill our new apartment, but now we are ready to buy new living furniture that fits our style and comfort. After many stores, we finally found the perfect couch, loveseat, and chair. J was excited because he finally got a leather recliner. Sadly we have to wait like 4 weeks before our couch and loveseat arrive, but Jerm was thrilled to be able to bring the chair home immediately. Below is a picture of the sofa ex. for ours is a camel color. The other picture is of Jerm's chair and another of him enjoying his chair.

After furniture shopping we went over to celebrate with my family. My aunt Jennifer and uncle Mark are members of Northridge Country Club so we went over to the pool and had dinner there at the club. We skipped out on the fireworks because we were so tired so we just came home and watched a movie. (Sorry there are no pictures because they wouldn't let me take pictures of them in their suits) :)
So today I went back to the orthopedists for a 2nd post-op appointment. I'm sad to report that I have to be on the crutches for yet another week. I also am going to have to go to physical therapy because my knee with not straighten out fully yet. It also won't bend past 90 degrees, but it really isn't supposed to until I'm putting full weight on it and walking on it again. I'm frustrated because I really don't feel like I need the crutches and also b/c they are a huge hassle.
In other fun news, tomorrow I get to hang out with 2 of my favorite people. For the last 2 summers, my dear friends Robin and Claire and I have gotten together for our own little camp reunion. The 3 of us met the summer of 2002 when we worked on staff together at Camp Willow Run. (I actually met Claire when we were campers but we never really hung out until we were on staff.) This weekend we are spending the weekend together catching up and playing at camp. I really excited about seeing them! Here is a pic of our reunion last year (with the addition of Alicia!)
Hope you had a wonderful 4th (and for making it all the way to the bottom of the page. :) )
2 comments:
Sorry to hear that your knee is still giving so much trouble. I feel your pain. And for the blurry pic, normally I like to see them in full clarity, but this one gives a kinda neat effect.
I can't wait to see all the new stuff. I remember fondly buying our first room of living furniture. It was so much fun. Enjoy.
Post a Comment