Does anyone else think that the weekends are entirely too busy? I mean aren't weekends for relaxing?
Saturday I work up early to attend a baby shower for my neighbor, Mrs. Kari Akin. Little baby Micah will here in 6 short weeks so we showered her with gifts. Following that, I went to a bridal shower for Betsy, one of my teammates. I was impressed with my knowledge of Betsy and Brian's relationship as our team won the game and therefore winning myself a new spatula. :)
When I got home, Jeremy and I went to work cleaning the house from top to bottom so that it would be clean for small group on Sunday night. We grilled out last night and got ready for the big game! Be impressed, Jeremy and I were able to watch the game (UNC vs. DUKE for those who don't know) side by side and be nice to one another despite our affliations. I did however cheer loudly for my team during the game and after our VICTORY! We will remain #1 as well as became ACC champions! What a great night!
Today was church, lunch, and more things to mark of the to-do list. Jeremy has a job interview on Tuesday with an advertising agency so he wanted to take his online portfolio and make a paper copy so he was busy doing that. Please pray for him on Tuesday. :)
Also our building just grew by one! Our neighbors Tim and Anna gave birth to their first son, Judah on Saturday afternoon. We are very excited for them!
This weekend of fun in combination with the time change has made me exhausted. Maybe this week will not be as busy and I can catch up. But we know how that goes...
2 comments:
Yeah, so blame your husband and Kevin for my team affiliation. After many discussions and much thought, I decided to jump on the (smaller) bandwagon. I'm glad you were excited by the win Saturday...Let's just call it a pity win since UNC has a lot going on right now, and I'm sure it boosted morale. Hope school goes better for you this week!
I was also saddened by the outcome of the Duke-Carolina game, but Duke has not been playing at the level they will need to be a winner in the upcoming post-season. Maybe they will improve now; if not, they deserve to lose and let the better team take the honors. Don't expect to get any rest if you are a fan of March Madness.
Post a Comment