Wednesday, September 10, 2008

What the doctor says..

Monday morning I went to the doctor for my 35 week appointment. During this visit, they check your iron levels as well to see if you are a carrier of the beta strep virus. My iron was great and I'll find out next time about the strep test. Dr. Bruton also measured my belly and evidentally Owen is a big boy! I am measuring at 37 weeks instead of the 35 1/2 I should have been. It wasn't enough to warrant an ultrasound (bummer!) but she said that we will continue to monitor it. I asked her if this meant he would come early and she said no...I could just have a big baby...8 or over lbs. if he goes full term. She also checked for dilation...there was none but I was effaced 50%. So Owen doesn't seem to be coming anytime soon. It's ok...he still got some lung development to work on and we'll be glad to have him when the Lord says it's time! We now go to the doctor every week so next Monday we'll go again. We're in the home stretch!!

No comments: