Owen hit another milestone this week...his first time getting really sick. Sunday he was kind of mopey when he woke up so we decided to stay home from church. He went back down for a nap at 9 and slept until 1:30. When he got up he had a fever of 102. He had a runny nose and cough last week but it was accompanied with a fever. Monday morning I called the doctor and he had us come in. He saw Owen's ears were red, he had lots of drainage in his sinus cavity, and of course a cough and a runny nose. He gave us an antibiotic and anti-histamine and told us to alternate him on Motrin and Tylenol.
So we've been doing that since Monday and his fever has continued to be high ever since. His highest being 104.3. He doesn't keep any food down either. Luckily he is still drinking well.
I feel so helpless...I so badly want to make him better but can't. It's hard because he can't tell me how he feels and I am so unsure of my nursing skills. I question if he's getting worse and whether I should call the doctor. I feel lucky that he hasn't really gotten sick and he's 13 1/2 months old.
My nose is starting to feel a little stuffy...not good.

No comments:
Post a Comment