Wednesday night my brother arrived in town so we ate dinner as a family.
Thursday was turkey day and my mom served over 20 people the tastiest lunch. I love how we have so much variety that my plate is overflowing just from getting a little bit of everything.
Here Owen is watching the Macy's Day Parade. Well he didn't really watch it but he did look up every now and then to see the big balloons. Notice his cute Thanksgiving shirt that Mary Beth made him.
He loves his Uncle BP. They had fun playing together while waiting for our guests.
Because the weather was so awesome, we got to play lots of backyard games like cornhole and ladder golf. Owen traveled from relative to relative and of course was the star of the day.
He got to eat the big people food and loved Mom's mashed potatoes and sweet potato/apple casserole.
He even played in the leaves that Papa had raked up that morning.
Friday Mom and I met my aunt & cousin in Raleigh for some Black Friday shopping. While I didn't completely finish my shopping, I was excited to snag some great deals. My parents also informed us that they are giving us a bedroom suite for Christmas. I am super pumped! We picked it out on Friday and it should get delivered in the next few weeks.
Saturday we cleaned the house and my mom babysat Owen in the afternoon while Jeremy and I did some shopping. After Owen went to bed, Jeremy and I decorated the house for Christmas. Here are my two favorite spots.

Sunday we went to church then Dad gave us tickets to the Carolina basketball game. We got to Chapel Hill in time to eat at one of my favorite places from college, The Loop. I got to have my favorite salad and spend some quality time with my husband. The game was great though the Heels have some work to do. Sadly it's a rebuilding year but I'm thankful for the victory. It was an awesome date night.We had a great holiday and it was hard to get back into the groove this morning. Only 3 more weeks then Jeremy is home with us again for 2 whole weeks! Hope you had a great holiday!

1 comment:
So jealous about the loop! oh the onion rings! how is owen with the tree? hope to see you this week!
Post a Comment