Thursday, December 10, 2009

Christmas is about trees

Now that Owen is getting older Jeremy and I have been discussing what we want our Christmas traditions to be. Both of us want to emphasize the true meaning of Christmas with Owen (and Lord willing our future children). To start him young, we decided to purchase a nativity set he could play. Thanks to the help of his Grandma Cox, Owen is now the proud owner of the Little People Christmas Story. It arrived yesterday and I put it all out under the tree (minus the trees...you'll see why in a bit.)


Owen crawls over to inspect it. Here is looking at the camel.

Then he found the trees and rock walls that go beside the stable. That was all he was interested in playing with.
He though the roof needed some more foliage.
He is now very attached to the trees and has carried them around the living room. He even went into a crying fit when I made him put them down so we could lay down for nap time.
I think we have a ways to go..right now Christmas is all about the trees for Owen.



1 comment:

BoldLion said...

This is so wonderful! We all need to point out the true meaning of Christmas to everyone.

Way to go!

Hungry to eat His Word,
'Guerite ~ BoldLion