Last week we traveled down to Cherry Grove, SC to spend a much needed week at the beach. My family (Shannon) rented a house with my dad's sister's family. Each couple had their own room and bathroom and it was great time of relaxation and fun.
This was Owen's first time visiting the beach and I think he had great time. While he didn't know what to think of the ocean or the sand between his toes, he loved playing in his little pool that we brought down there and the occasional dig in the sand. However, I do know that he loved all the extra attention the adults gave him and playing with my little cousin Emma. He especially loved the Yoo-Hoos that my dad would give him to drink every day. :P
As many people told me before, vacations are very different with kids and they were so true. It felt like as soon as we got out on the beach, it was time to come in for a nap (he was too much of a people watcher to sleep on the beach). Once we finally got back out there, everyone else was ready to come in. He was however super great when we were out on the beach and we both actually got one book read. I have a feeling that next time we won't get the chance to even sit down...esp. with having 2 boys.
While I would love to give you a visual recap, there are WAY TOO many pictures to post on here so I have made them into a Facebook album. You do not have to have Facebook to see them; just click on the photo below.
It was a great week and I had a seriously hard time coming back to reality. I enjoyed having my family around all week and the slower pace that we all could take. I also miss the crab legs, but most of all I miss the time together. It was a great week and hopefully we'll be able to do it again next year.
1 comment:
Vacations ARE different now...they aren't really vacations for the parents ;-) I'm still getting used to the fact that I can't prop my feet up for a couple hours on the beach with a book in hand.
Post a Comment