Thursday, December 02, 2010

Oliver is on the way!

In true Cox fashion, our boys like to arrive before their schedule due date. Last night around 8 was helping Owen brush his teeth when I felt a small trickle start. I went to the bathroom to release that I had lost my mucus plug. Jeremy quickly put Owen to bed and I called the nurses' line. Unlike with Owen, this time it was just a trickle so I wasn't really sure that my water had broken. We decided to wait it out and see what happened. I didn't really have any contractions through out the night so this morning I finally called in again and they said to come on in.

So we've been here at the hospital since about 8 am. They started me on an IV and I got my first dose of antibiotics for the beta strep. Once that finished, I was finally allowed to get some pitocin, which has been going for about an hour now. I'm finally starting to feel something now so I'm hoping that we're making some progress.

Please pray that the delivery will go quickly and Oliver would be healthy. He is considered full term but there is the possibility that his lung could not be full matured. We went through all this with Owen and we're hoping not to have to experience it again. Thank you for your prayers... we hope to update soon!

1 comment:

Jena-Marie said...

Oh, how exciting. I am praying right now and will continue to do so. Keep us posted!