Sunday, March 06, 2011

Didn't Your Mama Ever Teach..

it's not nice to take other people's stuff!?

This morning we woke up kind of late and therefore were too late to make it to the early service at church. We were up and ready but still had tons of time until 2nd service, so we decided to run over to Trader Joe's to pick up some stuff so we didn't have to do it after church. Since we still had time, we decided to ride around looking at neighborhoods around church. We got kind of turned around and I told Jeremy I would get out the GPS to help us get back. I opened the console to get it out and realized it wasn't there. We never take it out of the car so we soon realized it must have been stolen. That is the worst feeling! We ALWAYS try and lock the door when we get out but we must have forgotten. We now wonder when it happened. Now that I know my way around, I don't use it as much. I remember using it on Monday but can't remember if I remember seeing it in the car later on in the week.

I know in the grand scheme of things this is minor. But I just feel so violated...someone went in our car (probably in our driveway) and took something of ours. Also I think I already was feeling defeated. Thursday we got our bill for Oliver's first round of testing...$2K, much better than the original $16K they billed the insurance. Then yesterday we got our "this is not a bill, but we have billed your insurance" for his 2nd round of testing, $17K. So his total testing was over $34K!! I'm just waiting to see how much we owe on this one. We still haven't paid for his birth because of they had to fix the bill. I know the hospital will set up a payment plan, but it just feels overwhelming at times.

I feel like our life has been crazy since moving to Charlotte. Hopefully it will slow down soon..

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

We had the same thing happen to us a couple of weeks ago. Our portable DVD player, Wayne's portable Playstation, and a Thirty-One bag that I have in my car for Jackson's diapers and things for car rides were taken. They obviously needed a bag to carry the items in, because they didn't take the DVDs that were in the bag. I guess Handy Manny and Elmo didn't appease their tastes any. And you know what makes it worse? My husband's patrol car was in the driveway when it happened.

However, this too shall pass. Sending prayers that things will calm down for you guys. Just keep remembering the Lord will handle the financial matters.