So what's going on with us? Well first, our computer is on the fritz. We thought we had solved and fixed the problem ourselves but it was only a tease. Best Buy can't figure out what it is in store and would have to send it off for repair. It's $85 just to send off before any dignostic test or repair. We're looking into local computer places. Our computer is just coming up on his 2 year mark and I swear they design them to fall apart faster these days. Luckily my brother is letting me use one of his netbooks that he isn't currently using until we can get ours fixed. Money really is the key issue right now.
While we are extremely grateful that we live in a place where medical care is easily obtained, we are overwhelmed with how much they charge for it. While we do have insurance, we owe the hospital quite a bit for Oliver's tests and birth. I have contacted the hospital to see if we qualify for any financial aid. They are sending us forms in the mail that we can fill out and send back for further review. We are praying that the hospital will show favor on us and reduce (heck, I'm boldly praying they will eliminate) it.
Also we received a lovely letter from the IRS stating that if we were not currently living in our house, we had to pay back the 1st time homebuyer's credit we received in 2008. This is not cool! So once we did our taxes, we now owe them instead of getting our usual refund. Add that to renters who have continued to be late on their payments and you end up with not a fun situation.
We know that the Lord is not surprised by this and He uses everything for the greater good of those who love Him. He is going to use this situation to teach us something..we just have to rest in that fact. We have already learned that we had poor budgeting skills and it has forced us to really evaluate our finances. We have discussed whether or not I should go back to work full time. Sadly, this is a terrible time for a teacher to be looking for work as the state plans to lay off 23,000 teachers this year. I have investigated all the private schools but find no open elementary positions. The other question is could we find a reasonably priced good daycare for the boys that wouldn't completely deplete what I would bring home. I did have an interview at a church preschool last week, but have not heard back from them at this time. The boys would be able to go with me there, which would be really nice.
I have literally been in tears with the Lord this week asking him what else can we endure. They say the Lord won't give you more than you can handle, but sometimes I wonder if He realizes I'm not as strong as He thinks. I know the Lord is going to take care of us and I have to rest in that. If you think about it, just pray for us.

No comments:
Post a Comment