Saturday, October 1st we celebrated Owen's 3rd birthday with a Cat in the Hat inspired party. Thanks to Pinterest and my super creative husband we came up with some super cute ideas.
Jeremy created a postcard invitation that we sent out to family and friends.
![]() |
| Front of postcard |
![]() |
| Back of postcard |
I'm mad at myself for not taking more pictures of the table. I only got half of it so I'll just have to tell you what was on it. Thanks to the Target $1 Spot this summer I racked up all things Cat in The Hat. I got awesome bowls for eating and for serving. We served Thing 1 and Thing 2 cupcakes (from Cat in the Hat), Hop on Popcorn (from Hop on Pop), colored goldfish (from One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish), Green (Deviled) Eggs and Ham (Biscuits), and Fiffer Feffer Fruit (Dr. Seuss' ABC book). I had little name plaques that told where everything was from.
The drink was Pink Ink Drink from One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish and Sweet tea. :)Friends gathered in the backyard for a glorious cool fall day.
Owen checking out the food.
Friends in the kitchen too.
Notice his cute shirt (thanks Zuililly for running a Dr. Seuss deal in August!)
Sorry Grandma but this picture was too cute. I love your expression here and it's the only one I have you and Owen.
The proud parents of a now 3 year old.
Cake time (only picture I have of his birthday banner too)

Owen anxiously waiting with his Uncle BP
3 Candles for 3 Whole Years
The icing was his favorite part
Yummy

Part 2 is up next: the gifts














1 comment:
So cute Shannon!!! I always struggle w/invite wording but I'll just have go ask you next time because that was adorable! I loved the table and all the Seuss themed foods. Really cute idea that may be stolen next year
Post a Comment