Saturday, April 01, 2006

A sense of comfort...

Tonight J and I traveled the lovely highway 98 for 45 minutes to eat dinner at "home" with my parents. I love going "home". Yes I still call it home because I still consider it my home. I know I'm married now and J and I have a great apartment here in Wake Forest, part of me will always live in Rocky Mount. As much smack as I talk about the "City on the Rise" it is home. I lived there for 17 years of my life; I can tell you everything about that town. I amazes me how the place never changes and I can feel like I've never left. I was presently surprised tonight though as I was driving in how many changes had taken place. They are actually catching up with the rest of the world in terms of shopping.

What I love most about Rocky Mount is the sense of comfort I feel when I'm there. It is all so comfortable to me. Walking into "my parent's house" just feels safe and relaxing. I don't feel the need to do anything or go anywhere, I can just be. I realize now how much I appreciate and love my parents. I take them and their close proximity for granted so much and its nice to just be with them. Ok I've been sappy enough tonight...

No comments: