This week I traveled a short little plane ride across NC and TN to the capital of honky tonks and country music. To celebrate our mothers, my mom, grandmother, aunt, and I traveled to Nashville, TN for a girlie weekend of sightseeing. A fun time was had by all as we traveled through the history of country, past the capital building, and the Parthenon (yes they have a full scale replica...why..who knows?). We did all of this on a lovely tour bus where I was the youngest by 20 years. The best part was our trip to the Wildhorse Saloon where I learned to line dance and heard a band sing about a corn dog. Quite honestly, it was hilarious. The Grand Ole Opry was quite a treat but I have to say that new country is much better than old school country. Overall, we had a great time but I made two conclusions..... 1) I realized that I could never sleep in the same room with my mom again as her snores vibrated the whole bed and 2) the older you get, the slower you walk. :)
Sorry this post is not very exciting but I felt the need to update the blog. I would post pictures but really they are probably not of much excitement to the rest of you. If you want to see them you can go here: http://photos.yahoo.com/shannonpcox
No comments:
Post a Comment