This is so good that I'm taking my lunch time to type it....
For once I was backed up by one of my parents (in my class) and a child finally got what they deserved. This one girl in my class is a big pain in the butt; she is very mouthy and all attitude. Well this morning she decided to pout because she didnt get the job she wanted in group work so she sat not doing anything. I, in return, gave her a choice of doing it with her group or individually in another room while I went over the answers. She got all bent out of shape when I tried to send her to a new room and she made me physically pull her into the room. Another teacher ran to my rescue to help me and we got her situated. I came back into my class now all flustered. Well lo and behold, 5 minutes later I get a knock on the door and its her mom! I hadn't called her (though I thought about it) but she randomly shows up to volunteer. I have a short conference with her and she is like "Oh no she didn't" and walks to go get her child. Next thing I know I'm hearing yelling in the bathroom and some smacks. The mother had gone and spanked her child in the bathroom across from my room!!! The mom came back and was like "You shouldn't have any problems with her today; her behind should remind her!" I was in shock and inside jumping for joy! For once, this child got put in her place, something she very much needed. If more parents would show up like this unannounced and take care of their children, we might have better behavior in schools. It feels like justice was served!
2 comments:
shannon p cox! whats up! hope you and Jcox are doing well.
been to rocky mount lately?
I was spanked, and as long as it doesn't cross the line into abuse I fully support the idea of spanking a child. Yay for that mome
Post a Comment