So it's that time year of again....the days are getting a little shorter each day... kids are getting restless and teachers are getting anxious. Yep it's back to school time. This year's back to school is quite a bit different for me. For those of you who don't know, I have transfered to a new school in my same system. This change has been very positive so far. The best part is the drive...its decreased my driving time from 25 mins. to 5 mins. :) In all honesty, the school as a whole is just a positive change. I have an excellent team who really works as a team to accomplish more. I have a principal who is personable and generally cares about her staff. Another change I wasn't expecting was the shift of social, economic and racial lines. Almost all of the parents (and all had a mom and dad)showed up for meet your teacher night and all of them want to come in and volunteer. It's crazy! I'll try and post some pics tomorrow (I left the camera at school) of my classroom.
Today was also Jeremy's birthday! Because of the school-craziness, I didn't put as much as effort into the celebration process. We did have an excellent dinner tonight at Rio Churrascaria, the Brazilian Steakhouse. I don't know if you have ever been to one of these places but it's awesome. First you have this awesome salad bar with a variey of exotic foods then they come around with these huge skewers of meat. They keep coming until you turn your little card over to red. It was yummy but I definitely over ate. I definitely recommend it!
Fun weekend ahead as Miss Kristi Riley gets married...I'll update afterwards
No comments:
Post a Comment