my trip to S. Africa. Here is but a summary...
Sawubona! (Hello!) Thank you so much for your prayers and support for my trip to South Africa. The Lord used this trip to teach me more about Himself and give me a deeper passion for seeing others come to know Him.
From the very beginning of the trip, the Lord began to teach us that our ways are not always His ways. He stretched us and made us fully rely on Him. Our first day the country experienced record lows and received its first snow in 20 years! Due to the weather, we were unable to do any of our planned camps. Being a person who loves to have things all planned out, this was a stretch for me. The Lord provided as always and we were able to take time to learn more about the people of South Africa and the effects of the Apartheid on the culture. Again the Lord showed His faithfulness and provision the next day when we were finally able to minister in the Simunye community. We were well received by the children and as our time progressed we gained more and more kids. Saturday we held a soccer camp and had over 400 kids come out! We were able to present the gospel to them over 5 times, even in their language. Sunday we were blessed to attend worship service led by one of our Zulu brothers and to help him host a Sunday school where over 200 kids showed up!
For the second half of our trip, we were able to work at another primary school in a different community. We had fun teaching the story of Jesus, singing songs, and making crafts with over 200 kids! During this time, we were able to present the Gospel more than 10 times and we saw one adult and one child come to know the Lord!! The harvest is ripe in South Africa and the children there are so hungry to know who God is! Please continue to pray that the seeds we planted will come to fruition.
Personally, the Lord used this trip to take me out of my comfort zone and stretch me to rely on Him for everything. Though I have been a Christian for many years, it is still difficult for me to share the gospel with others easily. Boy, was I broken of this during the trip! I had the chance to share the gospel daily in front of huge crowds with a climax of 800 students one morning in an assembly.
This trip was truly life changing! I have fallen in love with the people of Africa and hope one day that I might be able to return. Thank you for the part you played in this trip; I could not have had this experience without your support and prayers. Please continue to pray for me as I go back to teaching this week. Pray that I will be as bold in my witness here in the States as I was in Africa.
I'll post pics too above
1 comment:
Sounds like you had a great trip! Our family is praying for Brett and Sheri and their son Dawson who will be medical missionaries in Mali, West Africa, after 8 months in France in language study. We were able to spend last week at the beach with them as well as with other family.
Post a Comment