This weekend for once was a quiet weekend where we had no real event or task to attend to. Friday night we were finally able to get together/eat dinner with the Derbys. Everytime I see them I am reminded how much I miss them now that I can just walk over to their apartment. On the way, Jeremy and I were discussing how our Friday nights have changed since we've lived in seminary land. When we first moved here, we had couples over all the time or went out with someone almost every weekend and now it's rare that we go out with other couples. We asked ourselves when did this happen and we realized its because most of the people we hung out with have moved or now have a baby and don't go out like they did. Most new moms have to worry about feeding times or are so exhausted they dont want to hang out late. So we decided we either have to join the baby club or find new friends without kids. (No offense to our friends with kids...we still would love to hang out with you too!)
Saturday Jerm had two intermural football games which is always fun to attend and catch up with all the girls. Then we had to go to the grocery store b/c we were seriously out of everything. Today was low key with church and small group.
I'm dreading going to school already. I know many of you have had to endure me saying this many times through out the year but its only week 5 and I feel this way. This group is running me ragged... please pray that the Lord would give me strength, wisdom, and patience. I finally told Jerm that next year I think I wanted to look into something new next year after he was out of school. So pray that the Lord would give me discernment. Also pray for me personally that I would trust and wait on the Lord in all things and realize that His timing and will are perfect and not to be anxious about anything. Thanks guys...I appreciate you keeping up with me and also for praying for me.
3 comments:
Hey Shannon,
I know it's been a long time but I do read your blog every now and then! I am in graduate school now to be speech therapist and if you are interested in going back to school I think you would really like it. You can stay in the school system but this way you only get 2 or 3 kids at a time versus 25! Just a thought. Glad to see that you are doing well!
Hi Shannon!! How are you?? I was wondering if you aren't too busy (if you are thats fine) if you could help me change my background again?? It's all up to you!
Megan
www.withgoallthings.blogspot.com
Let me know!
THANKS FOR ALL OF YOUR HELP!!! I WAS FINALLY ABLE TO DO IT! AGAIN THANKS!
Post a Comment