Friday night Jeremy and I went to Moe's for dinner and we saw some old friends of our the Ishams. JR and Lindsey also attend seminary and were in a small group with us once upon a time. We asked them to join us for dinner so that we could check up.
As we began to talk, Lindsey and I realized that we didn't really have to catch up because we knew what was going on in each other's life. Not because we had seen each other recently but because we had been reading each other's blogs. Seriously I know more about Lindsey from her blog than I know from her actually ever telling me. Our husbands kept looking at us funny because talked like we had seen each other yesterday. Jeremy was confused why Lindsey never had to explain something to me or backtrack to explain a story. It was really quite humorous!
After we left I realized how much blogs have changed the way we communicate with one another. No longer do you have to call and catch up with someone because you can click on their blog and find out what is going on in their life. We have taken the human interaction out of knowing one another.
I have to admit that I am a blog stalker....I have a LONG list of blogs I check on quite frequently..many of which the people don't even know me. I believe that I have blog stalkers out there too so this week I am asking you to unmask yourselves and let me know who is out there reading my random thoughts. I would love to hear from you so leave a comment!
Also while you are at check out Jeremy's new web portfolio. We're getting close to the seminary finish line and it is time to start looking for jobs so we're posting his work in hopes that someone will see it and want to hire him. Feel free to point others to it as well. Thanks!
6 comments:
So true! We miss you. Next semester I am setting a date early and coming to NC with Jeff. Hold me to it!
i am your blog stalker hahahaha and i decorated before Thanksgiving... hahahaha (only cause we're gonna be out of town till after turkey day- don't hate us) :)
there is my blog stalker :) you have no idea how excited i was to know that you knew that much about me... ha it is almost like a thrill to know someone actually reads it!!! so glad we got to actually see each other in person, but you were right.. there was no catching up to do since we both already knew each others lives :) :0 :) Keep up the stalking!!!
I know what you mean. I felt I had already met you before I had actually met you at Dave and Bev's. Its funny how I came across your blog through CWR friends.
Um, I think Jeremy's portfolio is amazing! I'd like to link it on my blog if you think that's okay. The more advertisement the better right?
Ok, so I'm one of those "blog stalker's too.... (this is Cheri's mom). since the life of an empty nester isn't nearly as exciting as my daughter's & their friends, I confess, I'm a blog staker!
We need another beach trip!
Love ya
Mama B a/k/a Grammy
Post a Comment