Friday, November 09, 2007

Rollercoaster of Emotions

My students and I are in the computer lab for their "Fun Friday" activity. This by far has been their favorite Fun Friday and it took me no effort to plan it (just sign up for the lab.) God knows how much I needed this break. These kids are wearing me out.

The beginning of the week started with some glimmer of hope as my principal began working on finding a new teacher to create a new class. Over the last few weeks, she had said that I would be able to move one of my students that has been giving me the most trouble. Well Tuesday she informed me that she was keeping in my room because she didn't want to do that to a poor new teacher. Well what about me and what he has been doing to me all year? The child is very low academically and thrives in a smaller group size. Everyone my team told her that but it didn't seem to matter. Instead she moved one of my other boys who was once a behavior problem but now working nicely for me. Then she had on the list to take my 2 strongest boys out. I was so upset...this was not helping the dynamic in my class at all.

On top of that, I had conferences this week. Lots of questions by parents and staying till 7:30 two nights in a row. It was emotional draining. Finally, Thursday afternoon my principal gave us her list and she had made some changes. She didn't take both of my highest boys and she switched out my behavior problem! We also interviewed a possible candidate and we liked her so hopefully we'll open the new class soon. Finally some happy news!

This weekend is a 3 day weekend for me. Thank you Veterans! I wanted to get out of town as I am tired of Raleigh but neither Jeremy or I could think of a cheap place to go. We settled on going to a Panther's game when Jeremy found some cheap tickets on stubhub. While I like football, I'm sure you can guess who is more excited. :) I am excited however to go to Charlotte and get away. Also I finally scheduled my massage for Monday that one of my students gave me last year. It is much more needed now then when he originally gave it to me.

This year will be the end of me...

No comments: