Friday, July 18, 2008

4 holes in my arm

In case you wanted to know, I now have 4 little holes in the creves (sp?) of my left arm. What are they from you ask? They are needle holes from my lovely 3 hour glucose test that I had done this morning.

You know when you are not supposed to have something you want it more? That is how I was about food. I have had to fast since dinner last night so wouldn't you know that I was hungry at like 11 pm last night. All I could think about was wanting some breakfast. :) I survived though and made it to the doctors this morning by 8. They drew my blood then I had to drink this drink that was like Kool-aid on crack...straight sugar. For the next hour, I sat in the waiting room feeling a little woozy. I was so afraid I would get sick and have to start all over. PTL, I did fine and made it through three more blood tests. At 11:15 I was finally free and able to eat a big ole' lunch at Panera. I will not get the results until Monday morning, thanks to my doctor's office taking a half day on Fridays. Please pray that the results will be negative and I will not be diabetic. Happy Friday!

2 comments:

The Livy Updater said...

I'm praying for you. I hope you don't have it. Its harder when your pregnant. Have a great weekend though!

Windot said...

I have been thinking about you and wondering about your test. let me know the results. I pray that you aren't, but if for some reason you are, then I can give you all the insight you need!