Thursday, July 24, 2008

KidsExchange and 29 weeks

My sweet neighbor Anna introduced me to a whole new world today...the world of consignment. Twice a year there is this HUGE consignment sale here in Raleigh at the state fair grounds. Because Anna put some things in the sale, we were able to go today before it opens to the general public. I had no clue what to expect but man were my eyes open quickly.

It started at 9 so we got there at 9...big mistake. It took us over 30 mins. just to get in the door! We realized soon that we were definitely newbies because we were the only ones who didn't have a basket, wagon, or rolling vehicle. Once we got in I was overwhelmed. The room was HUGE and had more baby stuff than I had ever seen in my life. We both had one big item that we were looking for so we quickly went to that section. I got a great deal on a swing....I saved over $90! Anna got an exerisaucer and saved over $70.


We then moved around to the toys, clothes, and books. We finally decided we had all we could carry so we looked for the line. It was wrapped all the way around the building and through these long cattle gates. It took us over an hour just to check out! It was so crazy but I think next year I'll be better prepared. At this time, we have not had any showers or another kid, so I don't know exactly what we still need. I got some clothes, bibs, and hats, but we'll wait on the other stuff. The sale continues until Sunday for those who are interested. You can find out more information here.

I forgot to mention that we had our 29 week appointment yesterday. Owen is measuring right on schedule yet his mommy gained a little more weight than she should. Whoops! The doctor also explained the diet and I realized that I was making it worse than it was. It is basically a low-carb diet where I have just have to be sure to eat less carbs at each meal. Luckily they didn't take away fruits, but there is no more french fries and ice cream. Sad! Thanks for all your advice! We go back to the doctor every 2 weeks now! We've made it to the third trimester!

3 comments:

007 said...

Looks like you are learning fast how to shop like a mom.

Jennifer said...

not sure what I would do if my doctor told me no french fries! that is all I am craving... not the best for me, but they definately hit the spot. congrats on the great bargains at the kidsexchange.. I may need to check that out!

Windot said...

My consignment sale is so much better... ha ha, just kidding. I have fallen in love with consignment at kidseverywear. I volunteer and get Ethan's whole wardrobe there. It's great! Own by Christian women and is very selective in clothing so you're not getting dirty/stained/worn out/outdated. It's not as huge and crazy as the fair grounds one. Let me know if you're interested in doing it with me or checking it out.