The nurse called a few minutes ago with my glucose test results. She said that 1 out of my 4 blood tests from last Friday came back with high sugar readings. This means that I don't have gestional diabetes (2 out of 4 would signal diabetes) but I should go on a sugar-free diet. I have my 29 week appointment on Wednesday so I will receive information on what I can and cannot eat then. I did, however, google sugar-free diets and I think this could be very difficult. Did you know how many things we eat have sugar in them? Of course, we all know the obvious like sweets, but it is in fruits, tomatoes, white breads and pastas....all things that I love.
Any of you out there cutting back on sugars? Have any great suggestions or receipes?
PS I posted earlier today too...so check it out.
3 comments:
Bummer!! Well, look on the bright side. You'll have hardly any baby weight to lose once Owen is born :) I hope you don't have to see Dr. Campbell next week. He'll put you on a strict diet!
I know they do make sugar free ice cream that is supposed to be decent. That should soften the blow at least a little bit!
Well, all I can say is cheese, nuts, protein and veggies. If you eat a carb (like say a whole wheat cracker) or a portion of an apple, pair it with protein like peanut butter or cheese. Lots of grilled chicken salads! Don't worry, it will go faster than you think....
Post a Comment