I love sleep...always have. I can sleep in the car, in class, on the couch, just about anywhere. So why in the world is it so hard for my son? For the last 2 weeks we have been battling with him over sleep. For a while, he was going down great at night. He would cry for maybe 5
mins then drift off to dreamland. Last two nights, cried for an hour and still wasn't asleep until I fed him again. Though he did sleep through the night those 2 nights, so it's wasn't all that bad. :)
Naps have been a bear, especially the morning one. The kid does not like to take a morning nap. We have tried everything. I have created a nap routine where we wind down for 15 to 20
mins by reading and rocking. I try putting him down before he yawns, after he yawns. I have tried an hour and half after he got up and I've tried 2 hours. I have numerous books and tried to follow all of their advice in the last 6+ months of his life. Yesterday I talked to all my mommy friends, in hopes of getting some advice.
Suggestions I have heard:
- Maybe he doesn't need a morning nap.
- Wait longer before putting him down.
- Leave him be once you lay him down.
- Put him down earlier because maybe he's over tired.
So today, we tried the waiting longer. He was showing visible signs of sleepiness. Rubbing his eyes and yawning so we went upstairs and read. I rocked him until he was about a sleep and then laid him down. He only cried for 5
mins!! Not sure if it was fluke or the solution but we'll see. One thing different today too was that I woke him up at 8 before he woke up. It was weird how long he was sleeping but he may just be catching up on his
zzzzs.
He was so cute when I went to check on him this morning...
evidently he has found out how to sleep on his stomach (new development!) Hey maybe it helps!
2 comments:
YAY!!!!
Chesson slept so much better on his stomach!! Maybe that will help Owen sleep better!
Post a Comment