I just wanted to let you know that I haven't forgotten about you. I am sorry that everyone (my neighbors, the stores, the tv stations, and movie industry) have forgotten that you exist. They skip over you like you're just a stepping stone for the next holiday, putting up their decorations and lights full of red and green.
Though they might like to skip over you, I want you to know how much I love you. I love that you bring our whole family together for fellowship, food, fun, and football. With it, you bring some of my favorite dishes including Ma-Ma's cheese ball, Aunt Wanda's broccoli salad, Dad's fried turkey, Uncle Mark's stuffing, and pumpkin pie. I also really dig your parade that Macy's puts on each year. I love that it gives us a time to really reflect on all the things the Lord has blessed us with this year. So many times during this season, we are too busy figuring out what we are getting next to remember all that we really have.
Thanksgiving, you really are an awesome holiday and I'm sorry you get overshadowed by Christmas. You deserve your own hoopla and you should tell Christmas to wait it's turn!
Love,

4 comments:
HILARIOUS! You crack me up!
...not to mention your great "day after sales..."
I miss you! Come to Raleigh/Durham soon!!
I had crazy pregnancy dreams about you being the Thanksgiving police after I read your facebook status the other day about Thanksgiving! :)
Jaime, others probably do think I am the police. I don't really mean to be. I just want others to not be in just a hurry to get to Christmas.
Post a Comment