So far it's been going really well. I didn't realize how much I missed teaching. Don't get me wrong, I don't miss the school setting...the discipline, paperwork, meetings, etc. I miss the actual teaching aspect so this is an ideal way to fill that void.
Sadly the hard thing about the job is that we lose our family time together. Because of the time schedule, Owen and I meet Jeremy at work, where we switch cars and he takes him home. They cook dinner, play, and do the bedtime routine. I get home after Owen is already in bed. :( Jeremy and I still get time together but we don't get the time as a family. I'm trying to look at it optimistically.....at least Owen doesn't have to go to daycare. Another weird thing is that we get paid every two months because of a contract we are working on with the state. Kind of hard to plan and budget don't you think?
I am very grateful for the job and the added income it brings in. Hopefully this will help us bring down and keep down some of our debt.

2 comments:
I think that's great, Shannon! It will be good for Owen and Jeremy to have some "man time." And since it's not EVERY night (usually), you'll still get some family time, too. I hope you LOVE it! :)
I'm so excited that you are finding an outlet for teaching. It will be good for you to have a little outside the house time too :)
Post a Comment