Sunday, July 23, 2006

I heart CWR

I mean I really do. Everytime I go back to visit I am reminded of the Lord's presence there and how the Lord has worked in my life. From the time you pull in the driveway of camp you can feel it and I love that that feeling hasn't gone away. Saturday I had the privilege of going back with 2 of my favorite people, Robin and Claire. We enjoyed a picnic lunch on the dock and then spent the rest of the afternoon on the boat with my brother and some of our other friends. One thing I love about camp is that everyone is so vunerable with one another about what the Lord is doing in their life. I mean where else would you sit down with someone and they immediately go into what the Lord is teaching them and how they are falling more and more in love with Him. I just love that! Anyways, it was a great day and I enjoyed catching up with my brother, Alicia, Gabe, and Catherine.

Being at camp, also convicted me of how on distant I feel from the Lord. The distance has been created because I don't spend time in the Word like I should. You would think with all the extra time I have this summer, I would have really used the time to dive into the Word and prayer but I have actually spent less time than I do during the school year. JD's sermon on idolatry yesterday made me realize that I have put different idols in my life to satisfy me and therefore am not looking to the Lord to satisfy me. I heavily rely on the the relationships in my life to satisy me. My identity is found in the friends that I have and the persona I have created in their image. I spend more time consumed on building my relationship with them than finding my identity in Christ. Human relationships will let you down and they have. I will never be fully satisfied with what another human can give me. I need to take my friends off their pedistal and return the Lord to His proper place. My identity and satisfaction come only from Him!

(Ok I'm sorry if this didn't make sense. Listen to JD's sermon on the link above and it will make more sense. Also I'm not the best for always being able to write exactly what I am thinking so please forgive me.)

No comments: