In looking for a picture of the cover, I found this review from the NY Times which I thought better explained the novel that I ever could. If you click on this post title you can read the whole review but I will quote a few things here."Whereas “The Kite Runner” focused on fathers and sons, and friendships between men, his latest novel, “A Thousand Splendid Suns,” focuses on mothers and daughters, and friendships between women. Whereas “Kite Runner” got off to a gripping start and stumbled into contrivance and sentimentality in its second half, “Splendid Suns” starts off programmatically and gains speed and emotional power as it slowly unfurls." I agree with the reviewer in that the book got off to a slower start and did not seem to be quite the page-turner like the first novel. Again though as I read this book, I couldn't help but praise the Lord for the freedoms that I have as a US citizen. I praise the Lord that I am able to choose my husband, walk out in public without being covered, and to attend school. I am also thankful for my relationship with the Lord and my heart feels burden for the people of Afghanstian who believe the lies of the Koran.
2 comments:
I am reading Kite Runner right now and when I walked into my office this afternoon I had A Thousand Splendid Suns sitting on my desk! I'm looking forward to it.
I am reading ATSS right now! Loving it!
Post a Comment