Wednesday, October 10, 2007

They are making me crazy...

This has been the craziest most stressful week. My students are having a difficult time getting along and following directions. They are disrespectful to me and to each other. They don't respect my authority and feel like they can talk back and argue with what I say. They have anger issues and want to hurt themselves or others. Then there is their parents...one accused me of letting my kids evangelize in class, one of hurting her child on her purpose. It just never ends...

I feel helpless. I don't know what to do. I've learned to pick my battles but there are so many. I feel like more of a firefighter than a teacher. I've talked to my principal, the school counselor, the psychologist...everyone offering their sympathies but never a real solution.

I'm sorry to complain..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will be praying for you and your students that they will respect you!!

007 said...

I feel your pain. I can't imagine what its like to be a teacher these days. My wife tells me some things she experiences when subbing, but at least she doesn't have the same kids every day. Maybe Dan has something there with the Conan the Librarian...