Many times I make my kids write about what they did over their break so this my..
What I Did on My Spring Break:
For the first time ever, I have not wanted the weekend to come. This week off has been so great that it makes me dread going back to school. Here is why this week has been so great....
1) I've gotten to hang out with many old friends. This week I have had coffee, lunch, and dinner with a variety of friends that I don't usually get to see and it has been fabulous.
2) I have slept in every morning until about 9!
3) I have gotten to rest and watch MANY episodes of the Gilmore Girls from my new boxed set.
4) I haven't had to do school work or deal with students!!
5) I have gotten to spend more time with my husband!
Spring Break has been wonderful and makes me yearn for summer! Only 9 more weeks!
This week though the Lord has really been speaking to me about how I have lacked joy in my circumstances. I have let my circumstances change who I am. I wonder what my friends and co-workers think we they look at me? Do I reflect Christ in my life and the hope I have in Him? I feel like I don't. I know the reason is that I have shifted my priorities and have put my time in the Word on the back burner. Sunday in small group the ladies discussed how we can tell when our time in the Word has been lacking because our temper, patience, and joy is affected. It is so true! This quarter I want to try and wake up earlier or go to school later so that I can spend time with the Lord before school starts. I need to start my day with Him instead of ending it (when I'm sleepy and marking it off my checklist for the day). Please help keep me accountable to this!
In other fun news, my brother got his first job this week! After graduation, he will be moving to Charlotte to work for a financial planner. He is excited about the position because he already has a relationship with the owner (through his current internship) who is also a believer. Also by moving to Charlotte, he is able to live with one of his good friends, therefore sharing the bills. Congrats BP!
Please keep praying for Jeremy's job hunt. He has sent out TONS of resumes and we haven't had any call backs. Graduation is quickly approaching and our lease is soon to run out, so we really would like to know the next step.
Ok that's enough for now..
1 comment:
I can NOT WAIT to find out what you are having! You must run back and post asap!! (Ok, maybe after some rejoicing with hubby). LOL
Isn't it so exciting? You just feel you could burst with excitement! The best time ever- when you are so in love and the world is open to you and you have this little wonderful life inside you.... ahhh... i must have another... :p
Post a Comment