For my 250th post, I thought I would post some exciting news. JEREMY GOT A JOB! Friday Jeremy was offered a job to be the website production coordinator and photographer for Nash Community College. NCC is in my hometown of Rocky Mount, NC. This job is right up Jeremy's ally as it is doing the same kind of work he was doing for Southeastern. He really feels like he suits this job well and it will be really fun for him.
So let me go ahead and answer all the questions I know you're going to ask:
a) When does he start? 2 weeks from today.
b) What will he be doing? He will be maintaining their website, promoting the school through different graphic design mediums, and taking pictures of school events.
c) Are you moving to RM? Not sure. The plan as of right now is to stay in Wake Forest until Owen is born. This would allow me to continue to work, earn some money, and keep my insurance and doctors.
d) Are you going to work once Owen is here? We are currently praying about what will happen once he arrives. The desire of my heart is to stay home with Owen so we have to see how we can make that happen. We have a couple of options: 1) We can move to RM, which would save money on property taxes, gas, etc. I still would have to find some kind of side job to help make ends meet. Maybe babysitting, tutoring, or some other stay at home job. If we move to RM, it would not be until after Owen is born so sometime late Oct./early Nov. 2) We could stay in WF and I could try and find some job that I could work at from home like mentioned before. Will you go before the Lord for us and ask Him to give us direction and wisdom in making this decision?
e) Will you have to move out of seminary housing? We are hoping not. Most of the time the seminary gives graduates a semester before they kick them out. We may have to pay a higher rent but it will be worth it to stay put.
f) How do you feel about moving back to RM? I was never one who wanted to move back to my hometown. While I enjoyed growing up in RM, I never really wanted to go back. There are many advantages and disadvantages to moving back to RM. If we move there, we have my parents close by which would be great for me as a first time mom. Also Owen would know his grandparents really well and we would have a free babysitter when we needed one. :) Also if we lived in RM, Jeremy's commute would be short and we would save on gas. In addition, we would probably be able to get a bigger house for the money as well as have less taxes. The disadvantages would be that we would have leave our wonderful church and friends. I have been going to the Summit since I was in college, so about 5 years now. It is an amazing church with a huge heart for the community and the nations. The teaching is solid and I am afraid we won't find the same thing in RM. We also have made some incredible friends here and it would be hard to leave them.
We really do feel like this is where the Lord is leading us. We praise God for His provision and how He has worked everything in His timing. There are still many decisions to be made and we are continuing to rely on the Lord for answers. Pray that He would give us direction as well as a peace no matter where He places us.
3 comments:
Well praise the Lord!!!!! Let me know how your glucose test went!
Shannon - You don't know me, but I read your blog through Jennifer Boykin. She is my daughter. I wanted to let you know that Mark and Kaycee Wright are in Rocky Mount (Mark is a 2008 Grad of seminary) and she would be a good contact for you here. Her phone number is 443-1644. I spoke with her about you. She used to manage the Manor House. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you guys. My email is kblount1@suddenlink.net.
Yeah! Praise the Lord! I'm so happy Jeremy found a job and you are both excited about it. Sounds great!
Post a Comment