
We arrived home around 11:00 am and was greeted with screamers, balloons, and chalk messages from our sweet neighbor Alyson.
We've had a great day! Owen has slept and ate. Thank you to all of those who sent encouraging words about breastfeeding. To let you know, things are going very well. The lactation specialist worked with us twice yesterday at the hospital and Owen is now feeding consistently with little assistance from Jeremy and I. My milk supply has definitely come in now and we're hoping that he is getting what he needs. He is down from his original birth weight but that is normal.We'll be visiting the pediatrician tomorrow morning in their office to check his billirubin (I never spell that word correctly!) levels and check him out. Thank you for your prayers and well wishes. They have meant so much in this difficult time. Please come by and visit us; we'll be here!
5 comments:
I can't wait to meet the newest baby boy!
I knew you could do it! Shannon you are a great mom! Go Jeremy! A little help goes a long way! Owen is very blessed to have both of you. Parenting is a such a gift but I think God definately intended on a mommy and a daddy... it takes team work. Owen will teach you so much about love, life, and laughter. Enjoy every minute it goes by way too fast...don't blink!
Congrats! I know you guys are excited to be home. I am glad the feeding is getting easier... that is a task that we are going to have to learn as well when Jackson gets here next year. Best wishes to the 3 of you!
Owen's adorable! I am so glad to hear that feeding is going well and that y'all are home. Enjoy your time your precious little one because it really does go by fast.
Wish we could come see him! Can't wait to see more pictures. We'll pray that he continues to do great! I know y'all are loving being parents!
Post a Comment