Monday, March 02, 2009

Car seat dilemma

Owen has almost outgrown his infant carrier. We love his Chicco but he is about an inch and half away from its maxium height requirement. Friday on the way to the mountains we stopped at Babies R Us to look at carseats but there is so many choices. Moms out there..I need your advice! What do you have? Do you love it? There are lots of recommendations for Britax ones but aren't they really expensive? They didn't look super comfy when I saw them in the store. I need your opinions!

3 comments:

Alyson said...

Gabriel and Phoebe both have Graco ComfortSports. They run about $90 although, I think I saw one for $70at Sam's last week. The first carseat that I got for Gabriel was an Eddie Bauer from Target and I hated it. It was too big and stiff. I have never had a problem with any of my carseat that included the infant carrier.

Byerly said...

Isn't it such a pain to try to figure all this stuff out? I always have fun at first, but then I'm worn out from comparison shopping:o)

Chesson is in the Britax Marathon. We bought it mostly because he is on pace to be such a big boy. It's a bigger carseat, and will hold more weight than most. So, hopefully, he won't outgrow it too soon. It was definitely a splurge, but he loves it! The transition was no problem from the snugride to the big boy carseat.

Good Luck!

Unknown said...

We have an evenflo Triumph in both my car and hubby's car now. The BIG pro is that they have these black and red knobs on the side. The black lets you tighten the straps and the red lets you loosen - all very easy. Friends with older kids recommended these because they easily adjust for days you have big thick coats or t shirts (especially weeks like this when you use both). I LOVE it - it runs about $140 or so - got a black one at BRUS for hubby and a brown and green one at Target for me.