Friday, May 29, 2009

First Haircut

From the very beginning of his little life, Owen has always had a lot of hair. His "mohawk" caught lots of attention in the hospital and for the first few weeks. As it grew and got heavier, he began to lay down into the "comb over". The comb over has gotten quite long and when it was wet, it would hang into his eyes.

Reluctantly, I gave into the fact that it was time for a haircut. Last night we finally got it done. Sadly there are no cute kids places here so we visited my mom's hairstylist and she cut it.

Owen, who normally is very smiley and fun-loving, was scared to death. He was fine while she put the cape on me and then on him, but once those scissors came out the tears started rolling. (I wish I had the video to show you but our new computer doesn't have the same attachment for downloading. One is on order...so I'll post it later.)

Who is this woman?Ahhhhh, I don't like this...
Still not happy...(you can see his two bottom teeth though)
We distracted him by having him look at himself in the mirror.
Whoa, my ears look lower.
Are you done yet?
No more Mommy, I like my hair.
Owen was given a little certificate commemorating his 1st hair, complete with locks of his hair. His hair really does look cute and he was much happier once we walked out of the salon. Hopefully the next haircut will go a little smoother. :)

3 comments:

the Orrs said...

I don't understand why haircuts are so traumatic, but every friend I have with a child Owen's age had a similar experience with that first haircut. I've enjoyed checking out your latest craft and home decorating projects. I'm starting on my nursing cover next week!

Mountain Home Quilts said...

Aw, poor little guy! He survived it though and you'll probably only have about 1 more year of him hating it. Just waht you wanted to hear, right? :) Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and entering my giveaway! :)

AmyM said...

Good to see you and Owen yesterday!