First, Owen is sleeping much better! He has finally gotten the hang of the routine and goes down with very little trouble. I have to qualify this though and say this is while we are at home. He needs a bed and to be by himself to fall asleep. He is like his mother in that he likes to be social so if people are around...he's going to want to stay where the action is and not fall asleep.
His first tooth is about to pop out! I can see the white cap just below the surface of his lower gum. It seems to be taking it's sweet little time though.
I am currently entralled with the Twilight series. I was reluctant to read it because I thought it was just another vampire book and I'm not too keen on vampires (or anything scary for that matter). My friend Kat is OBSESSED with the series and was adamant that I read it. After seeing the movie, I was convinced and I read Twilight in 2 days. I'm currently waiting on Kat's husband to finish book #2, New Moon so I can read it. They really are good and honestly I've been impressed by many of the themes of the books, such as sacrificing what you want for the good of others. Also there has been no pre-martial sex which is rare these days!
We went to visit my Grandma Piner this Sunday. She is obsessed with Owen of course and actually told me that she loved me more now that I gave her a little boy to play with. I feel used! :)



My aunt Carolyn also enjoyed rolling around with him on the floor. (Yes, he is without pants..it was hot in my grandma's house!)

Mother's Day is Sunday. I know I'm a mom now but I really don't feel like this day is for me. I keep thinking about what I need to do for my own Mom and grandmothers. We were on the ball though for my mother-in-law and her present is already in her hands. (Emma, we hope you liked your photo book! We enjoyed making it for you. See you in 2 weeks!)
I am continuing to make Owen's baby food. I love it...not only is saving us ton of money but it is fun! I am trying new foods for myself as well. This week he had acorn squash, which I had not had either. It was yummy! I think I'm going to make it more for Jeremy and I.
Ok that's enough randomness for one day.
2 comments:
Hey Shannon,
I'm so glad you keep us updated through your blog. We miss you guys!! How did you get started making Owen's baby food? Any books you'd recommend?
Give Owen a kiss for me today!
hey! hey! hey! I love your lil Owen! He is a sweetie pie! he has some great hair!!! I hate that we never got to meet him. your blog is adorable. keep it up! ok you convinced me to read the twilight series. I better not have nightmares.
Post a Comment