Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Month of Thanks: Day 14 and 15

Whoops..forgot yesterday's post so today you get 2 for the price of 1. :)

 Day 14: I am thankful for my Bible study fellowship study. I started in this study last year with the book of Acts and have continued this year into the book of Acts. I am thankful how much this study has taught me.  It has provided connections from the Old and New Testament that I never seen before.  It has taught me so much more about the character of Jesus and has left me in awe of our Savior. I am thankful for the growth I have seen in my own Biblical knowledge and in my appreciation for His Word.

Day 15: I am thankful for a kind, caring, and knowledgeable pediatrician.  Luck would have it that we kind of just got fell under Dr. Ankrah's care. When we first moved here we had to find a doctor quickly when we found out Owen still had fluid in his ears.  After calling all my local friends (all 3 at the time), we called Elizabeth Pediatrics to see one of their older and highly recommended doctors.  Because he was so highly recommended he was not taking new patients anymore and they suggested their new doctor.  I said, "What the heck! We'll try her." I'm so glad that we did because she has been nothing but amazing.  She is kind but doesn't just tell you what you want to hear.  She is geniuely concerned for my boys and truthfully read every thing that comes across her desk about them.  I was so impressed when she called me one night on her way home because she wasn't able to call me back in the office.  Now that we moved further south in the city, her office is a good 30 mins. away but we still drive over to see her because she is just that good.


No comments: