Jeremy returned home from Indy on Thursday morning and headed over to my school to help me finish moving classrooms. I was so excited to see him and was so grateful that his boss let him have the day off. I finally got everything moved, cleaned up, and was out of there by lunch time. Friday I babysat for one of my students and had a fun day of playing in the pool.
This weekend we traveled to RM yet again for another wedding. Last week we celebrated with Brandon and Morgan Norris and this weekend with Chris and Meredith Falk. Before the wedding, I did get over to visit Allison and her new daughter Ramsey. She is precious and I can't wait to have my own little one.
Since we were already home, we stayed overnight to celebrate Father's Day with my dad. For the last 2 weeks Jeremy and I have been working hard to get his present ready. As most people know, Dad and I both are HUGE Tarheel fans and we go to all the home football games each fall. To enhance the tailgate experience, Jeremy and I built (well J built and I helped paint) Dad a set of Cornhole game boards. He has played the game with my brother and his fraternity in the past and now wanted his own set.
Here is a picture of our final project. It took quite a bit of work in the detailing of the logos but we were proud of the results.

We were excited about how they turned out and couldn't wait to give them to him. He was super excited about them. My brother ordered the coordinating beanbags but sadly they had not arrived yet so we couldn't play.
Technically, it is Jeremy's first Father's Day even though his son is not born yet. I pondered and pondered on what to get him and went through many ideas. I couldn't commit to anything because many of them were too expensive. When he returned home on Thursday, I ran through the ideas with him and he has now decided to combine all of his holidays (Father's Day, anniversary, birthday) plus his graduation money to buy a fancier camera. We have a good camera but he wants more of a professional camera. The boy is a researcher though, so by the time he finishes, the baby may be here. :) We are selling our other camera so if you are in the market, let me know.
I'm really excited that school is over and I have NO plans for this week. It will be nice to sit, relax, and read. :) Call me if you're home and want to hang out.
2 comments:
You mean that one of your students is old enough to have a baby for you to babysit? I would hope not. Glad you can rest a bit now that your summer vacation is here.
What a super fun Father's Day present you made your dad. Jeremy and Josh should talk sometime about cameras - he loves photography too and right after Lydia was born we took the plunge adn bought a really good camera. It was great catching up reading through your blog. Hope you have a restful summer!
Post a Comment